Saturday, March 31, 2012

I want to say...

Acrylic on canvas by Katie M. Berggren

When I started this blog I wanted it to be the place where I explore everything "non-mommy" since so many hours of my days are spent being mommy. My life is full of our children and they make my joy full, yet I still want space for me; to think, pray, create, learn and be quiet.

And yet...

Louise Erdrich has said, "the world tips away when we look into our children's faces", and I've found this profoundly true, especially when seasons of trial muddle my sight of life's beauty. I look into my children's faces, and I am reminded.  I'm reminded of the fact that every day I get to love and care for God's living, breathing, learning, laughing, beautiful creations. They are part of me, reflect me, and reflect God. I find them miraculous in every sense. They make the world's ugly fade with the beauty of their faces and hearts.

How could I leave them out of this space?

In light of this I'm going to do a series where each week in April I'll write about my kids, and Jon too, since without him, our wee ones wouldn't be. These three, the biggest, most constant, always giving gifts in my life.

As I'm writing this, JJ Heller just sang in my ears, "If I could not hold a pen, I would write of you with my heart instead."  I feel like I've been doing a lot of this--holding precious snapshots of daily moments with Jon and our kids inside my heart. But since I can hold a "pen", I want to write with my heart and honor my loves inside of my "non-mommy" place on the internet.


2 comments:

Chris and Bekah said...

Cannot wait for these posts!

Becca D said...

Thanks, Bekah! Me too. :)

Post a Comment